The Irondale Center is a gorgeous place
to take in a performance.
- New York Times
Come to Brooklyn, New York and the Irondale Center. New York’s famous borough is gaining renown worldwide as a cultural center. The Irondale Center opened in September 2008 among a critical mass of arts organizations that has taken root in the neighborhood around BAM, the Brooklyn Academy of Music.
Featured in the New York Times for its production of alice… Alice… ALICE and EPIC Theater’s Production of Sarah Ruhl’s Passion Play, the Center has hosted, presented or produced hundreds events since it opened. This is a one-of-a-kind theatrical venue; rich in history and atmosphere. The space itself offers inventive directors and designers a magnificent and even majestic palette on which to set work.
Our mission says a lot about us, and also describes the kinds of performing groups that might best take advantage of our exciting, non-traditional, highly flexible theatre space. Through the power of the ensemble process, Irondale creates and presents theater, performance, and education programs that challenge traditional assumptions about art, and help us to better understand today's world. The Irondale Center – our theater, laboratory, and classroom – is a home for ensemble artists of all disciplines and cultures, and a resource for our community.
Booth Ferris Foundation and the Brooklyn Community Foundation have provided funding for the Irondale Center Space Subsidy program. This program is designed to enable ensembles, emerging artists, and groups that reach diverse or under-served audiences to produce work at the Irondale Center at greatly reduced rates. Click here for more information about Space Subsidies.
Here are some of our space’s special features::
- 3700 sf. space with a 28 ft. ceiling, and a 1900 sf. balcony on three sides
- More than 150 lighting instruments and corresponding equipment on a grid system
- Full sound system with both theatrical and musical capabilities, microphones, monitors
- Three on-site projectors
- 2 Dressing Rooms for artists (1 has full bath)
- Administrative space for visiting companies
- Black and white scrims, heavy white cyclorama, and a moveable curtain-track system
- Staging platforms
- Live-feed video projections and/or recording capabilities
- Audio-recording Capabilities
- Café area for concessions
- Flexible modular theatrical seating for up to 250 people
Call and ask about our rental rates
For more information about rates and renting the Irondale Center,
contact Terry or Josie at 718.488.9233 or email IrondaleProject@gmail.com.